Hockey season is finally here and all is once again right in the world. One of the major trends in hockey now is the NHL’s growing acceptance of advanced stats, so it’ll be interesting to see how it influences the game – from how it’s written about to how it’s played in general – moving forward.
But here’s another interesting strategy already in place. P.K. Subban, a defenseman for the Montreal Canadiens, farts in front of goalies to distract them. This deserves a more in-depth study.
- John Rocker might be the craziest baseball player to ever exist. And, lucky for us, the former player has re-entered our lives by appearing on this season of Survivor. It’s as crazy as you’d expect.
- I don’t play video games – at least, I don’t if it’s not the first Super Smash Bros. But I love the Alien movies, and I could watch people suffer through what appears to be the incredibly difficult Alien: Isolation all day.
- Another year, another missed opportunity to let Weird Al perform during the Super Bowl halftime show.
- At Robot Butt, we are full endorsers of Slayer, especially anything that includes the band’s most well-known song, “Raining Blood” (which somehow made its way into a Google Chromebook commercial). So naturally, it is my duty to pass along this “Raining Blood” cover played on a banjo.
- I’m not old enough to really remember Jan Hooks’ time on Saturday Night Live, but I do know she was great in a lot of other things, most recently in 30 Rock as Jenna’s mom.
- Kim Jong-un, North Korea’s leader-thing, is apparently missing. Isn’t it amazing that a place like this still exists in the world? Kim Jong-un is “allegedly” 31 years old and the most we can do is speculate that he’s not showing up in public because he’s fat and it’s making him sick.
- Hunter Pence and the San Francisco Giants are still battling their way through the MLB postseason, and it’s no doubt all because of Pence’s extra-special handshakes.
- There is a consistent rumor out there that the velociraptors in Jurassic World will be evolved or trained or some crap like that. It could certainly be wrong, but still, Hollywood sucks.
- In the subgenre of father-son grindcore bands, Vomit Fist is our favorite, and their new music video doesn’t disappoint. Go ahead and enjoy it with the whole family!