Things have really gotten out of hand in Baltimore, haven’t they? With some protests having turned into violent riots over the controversial death of 25-year-old Freddie Gray, you surely have an opinion on what’s going on, and people need to know what it is!
That being said, it’s important to write the perfect social media response in a sensitive situation like this. To help, I’ve outlined six ways in which you can craft a message that really gets your point across and should immediately sway the opinions of others to coincide with yours.
1. Embrace any and all of your preconceived notions about race relations in the United States; they’ll easily fit into this situation, no matter how complex or unique it appears to be.
2. Read the headline, maybe the first few sentences, of an article to complete your well-rounded knowledge on the entire subject. Look at a picture and make as many inferences as you can from it. No assumption is off limits here! Try watching some footage that really revs you up and immediately start banging away on the keyboard.
3. Don’t think about what you’re writing. Don’t look at what you’ve come up with until you’ve already published the post. It’s much better that people get your raw, unadulterated views on this explosive situation.
4. You will probably start to see positive feedback from some of your friends and family. This will make you feel powerful, and you will begin to envision a day when you are paid to give your opinions on a 24-hour cable news network. Nothing can stop you now. Continue your quest, as the public has shown to demand it.
5. However, you might also begin sensing that some people do not agree with you. When that happens, double down and engage them with statistics you’ve heard in passing. Share articles from your preferred news source that you’ve skimmed ever so lightly; this is when the people arguing with you will begin to realize that you are, in fact, right. They will apologize and seek your guidance for more information on the subject.
6. Go about your day with a fully engorged spirit knowing that you changed the lives of those around you by sharing your opinion on social media.