The only thing better than simply watching the Super Bowl is doing so with tons of money riding on it! And when it comes to gambling on the Super Bowl, there is no shortage of fun and bizarre prop bets to choose from. With that in mind, here are eight of the weirdest ones for Super Bowl XLIX:
1. Will Idina Menzel forgo singing the National Anthem to try an original patriotic ballad that she wrote?
- Yes +400 (4/1)
- No -600 (1/6)
2. How many times will Bill Belichick be shown shirtless on the sidelines?
- 0-1 +400 (4/1)
- 2+ -600 (1/6)
3. Will Marshawn Lynch grab someone else’s crotch as part of a touchdown celebration?
- Yes +200 (2/1)
- No -300 (1/3)
4. What will the Super Bowl MVP do first in his interview?
- Ask everyone to stay in their seats for a viewing of Tootsie 3/2
- Kiss his coach on the mouth 5/1
- Read a very long written manifesto with very strong Communist undertones 15/2
- Pull off a mask to reveal that he is a lizard person and will use this platform as a case for his race and ours to co-exist peacefully 12/1
5. What liquid will be dumped on the head coach of the winning Super Bowl team?
- Gatorade 5/1
- Goat’s blood 3/2
- Strawberry milk 20/1
- Urine (which will be in an identical container to the Gatorade, and will be placed right next to it, with the players grabbing this one by mistake) 5/2
- Quick-drying cement to forever encase the coach in a feeling of euphoria 15/1
6. Will Al Michaels spend most of the second quarter in a bizarre existential funk after making an explicit joke about his own “deflated balls,” leading him down a path that forces him to ponder the fragility of life and all of its meaning?
- Yes -500 (1/5)
- No +200 (2/1)
7. Will Buddy, from Air Bud: Golden Receiver, score a touchdown in the game?
- Yes +300 (3/1)
- No -400 (1/4)
8. Super Bowl parlays
- The New England Patriots win, which triggers the beginning of the ride of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse 5/2
- The New England Patriots lose and Tom Brady’s supermodel wife leaves him and he’s shamed into working a 9-5 job in a cubicle at an accounting firm 11/5
- The Seattle Seahawks win and Marshawn Lynch promises to grab the crotch of every American 11/4
- The Seattle Seahawks lose, completing the most successful parlay in Las Vegas Super Bowl betting history, but Bigfoot is unable to claim his winnings for fear of being discovered 12/5