And, as the unofficial kick-off to summer, Memorial Day is also a time to party.
So at some point this weekend, while you’re sipping that beer in front of the grill, letting the sweet smoke form a layer of glorious stink all over you, remember to consider why you’re able to do things like:
- Wear jorts
- Enjoy a three-day weekend in the first place, where responsibilities disappear into the ocean-blue sky
- Throw up somewhere new, like a boat in the middle of a lake
- Go to the beach and chat up babes read a book
- Properly chastise someone for eating a veggie burger
- Reaffirm your appropriate love for country music
Whatever you do, whether you end up regretting it or not, just make sure to do it in the name of freedom.